Saturday, August 21, 2010
1. If you step on someone's foot. Don’t say sorry. Instead glare at them. It’s their fault their foot was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
2. When you are passing through a heavy door, and you see a person walking in behind you with their hands full, do NOT keep the door open. Instead slam the heavy door in their face.
3. Picture a narrow corridor and three people walking together blocking the way. You are walking behind them and you're in a hurry. Don’t say 'Excuse me'. Instead elbow 2 of the people and squeeze through as they recoil in pain.
4. Elevator etiquette: When you get into a crowded elevator don't stand facing the door like normal people. Instead stand facing everyone and if you are a guy stare inappropriately at the women present.
5. Cubicle etiquette: Now this one's especially handy if your office has crowded cubicles. Lets say you have no useful work to do. Get your phone out, or even better use the office phone, call up some friend/relative/girlfriend/boyfriend and talk as loudly as you can. While you're at it why not talk dirty jokes and highly censored private matter in your native tongue? Now if you assume nobody will understand think again. Although Indian languages are quite different, some are similar enough to be understood by the poor soul in the next cubicle who's trying to get her work done without being nauseated.
6. Queues are for sissies. There's no need to stand in line. Just cut across shoving everyone else and if it’s the lunch queue make sure you spill at least one person's food tray.
7. Do NOT take a shower or brush your teeth when you come to work. It’s a waste of water, soap and time. After all it’s your colleagues who'll suffer so let them!!
8. Finally, eliminate the words 'Sorry', 'Please' and 'Thank you' from your dictionary. Whenever an opportunity presents itself grab what you can like there's no tomorrow.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Friendship day came and went without much fuss. I am a firm believer that our friendship doesn't really need a day when we have to remember each other and cherish our bond. However, this year's been a little different for me and those closely associated with me.
As you are aware the past 2 and half months have been the best times of my life so far. I have been enjoying every minute of these days. In this process of falling in love every day, I realized that I haven't been as connected to my peeps as I used to be. I know it goes without saying that you guys totally understand, but I wanted to let you know how special you are to me.
To my OUB girls,
Love you sistahs more than ever. Thanks for being there through this whole phase, from the very 1st day in Passcucci up until this moment. I do miss the every day gossip calls and I will strive to fill in any gaps.
To my Charlie and the Angels,
You are my family and as so often happens I take family for granted. Love you guys and thanks for being patient with me.
We've grown up so much this past few days dude :) and this has been a roller coaster time for both of us. Thanks for all the support and the laughs.
To my office parts,
I'm sorry I am on call a lot during coffee/morning make up session/bus. You girls have put up with my everyday whining and bitching up until my life became all happy and now with my non stop love stories. I'll be forever grateful to you girls. *wave dance to make you smile*
And last but not the least
To my fiancée dude,
Thank you for being the best thing that happened to me. I hope the magic multiplies everyday as it has been until now. You'll forever be my soul mate, my confidant and my best friend.
Your Best Friend Forever,
PS: Remember, Love cannot be divided, love only multiplies :D